Energy Star® is a government-backed labeling program that helps people and organizations save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by identifying factories, office equipment, home appliances and electronics that have superiorenergy efficiency.
ENERGY STAR is the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices. For us here at Energy Catchers it means providing homeowners quality vinyl replacement windows, metal, fiberglass and steel doors, radiant barrier and insulated siding throughout the NC triad that meet and exceed ENERGY STAR STANDARDS. This is our commitment to helping homeowners reduce their carbon footprint, save money on utility bills and improve their home with quality products.
The ENERGY STAR label was established to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants caused by the inefficient use of energy; and
- Make it easy for consumers to identify and purchase energy-efficient products that offer savings on energy bills without sacrificing performance, features, and comfort.
How Does EPA Choose which Products Earn the Label?
Products can earn the ENERGY STAR label by meeting the energy efficiency requirements set forth in ENERGY STAR product specifications. EPA establishes these specifications based on the following set of key guiding principles:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Certified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the certified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
We serve NC homeowners from Durham – Chapel Hill, Cary-Holly Springs, Raleigh – Wake Forest and Eastern NC. Please call 919-239-4522 to schedule a free estimate or to learn more about: Vinyl Replacement Windows, Bay Windows, Steel Entry Doors, Bow Windows, Fiberglass Entry Doors, Awning Windows, Double Hung Windows, Radiant Barrier, Storm Doors, Sliding Glass Doors, Picture Windows, French Doors, Insulated Siding, Screened Porches, Steel Entry Doors, Gutters, 2 Lite Slider Windows, Patio Doors, SunRooms, 3 Lite Slider Windows and 4 Lite Sliding Doors. Please visit www.energystar.gov to learn more about the ENERGY STAR program.